Thursday, November 1

What Where You Up to in 1983?

The last song that soundtracks "Mio Fratello e' Figlio Unico" it's a song my sister and I often sing hysterically in the car or hum as we are getting ready to go out. It's a what now seems to be an 'old song', first recorded in 1983. I still find it quite bizarre, to say the least, that I listen, like and even know by heart songs that were conceived when I was! I am such an 80's kid! Think about it though: 1983 was such a good year. The Eurythmics recorded "Sweet Dreams (are made of this)", "All Night Long" (Lionel Richie) came out together with "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel, "New Year's Day" by the legendary U2 and "Every breath you take" by Police! In 1983 Swatch introduced their first watches, the Vatican finally retracted their ban on Galileo Galilei, Nintendo game console was about to begin to change generations of kids, the first democratic elections are held in Argentina after 7 years of military totalitarianism, my mom and dad were busy handling a screaming little baby girl and there I was! But what about you? What were you up to in 1983? - sorry it doesn't rhyme!

5 comments:

Cayetana Altovoltaje said...

Anybody who mentions Lionel Ritchie and puts up a photo of Mr. T on the same post sure must have been up to some mischief from her very birth!! Well I was about 6 back then, so I was probably trashing my dolls and shaving their plastic heads and being a general pain in the ass to everyone around!

Mimosa said...

I was busy being a lovely little girl! It involved going around singing all the time(check my family/relatives,they'll confirm ya), among other things. I was three :-)

el loco oficial said...

he he...I really like, from time to time, thinking about the year when i was born in the same way as you...and I can say it was a great year for music (I ain'n gonna tell you my age though :P)
offtopic: (i feel sorry I haven't been around for some time and missed some of your good posts)

john heasley said...

1983 was a big year for me, as a family we moved and I had to start a new school, I didn't enjoy it, but my little brother was then born in the October, not all bad. keep posting, always a pleasure to read.

Baron Hashbrown said...

I would have been nine years old and either riding my bike or up a tree somewhere. I was living in Hertfordshire and have just realised that I could still draw you a map of the wooded area that we used to play in, including the best climbing trees, where I fell off my bike and where the goat lived...