Wednesday, October 31

Ironic

The guys I tutor have a tendency to laugh at my unorthodox teaching methods, my diagrams and schemes, not to mention that, so they say, I know a song for pretty much most words in several languages - they laugh a lot at me, most of the time with me, which I think is nice. When it comes to the word "Ironic" need I explain what song comes to mind? Of course, it is the tune that officially beckoned Alanis Morissette into stardom in 1995. I have liked her ever since her first album! In 1995 I was a 12 year old version of myself and the acoustic abilities, the unusual vocal nuances, moderate feminism and alternative looks of Alanis Morissette together with slightly controversial lyrics made me a big fan. Tonight that song, the word ironic, are on my mind. So I would like to leave you with a video from my youth and a song that right now expresses my disappointments whilst cheering me up.

5 comments:

Tanya Heasley said...

I love that song too. Also, in 1995 I had been married a year. The most anyone gave us to last was 2 years and most of our other friends gave us evenless, in fact on November 5th John and I have been married 13 years and most of our friends who married after us are now divorced.

Isn't that Ironic? Don't cha think?

Cayetana Altovoltaje said...

Why a photo of Sheryl Crowe?
I'm not a big fan of A. Morrisette, but that is a good song indeed. Also a very catchy sing-along :)

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Caye - I only later on noticed it was someone famous in the pic..was just looking for a pic of someone looking pensive in a not-too-reflective kinda way...

el loco oficial said...

I like A. Morrisette although it has nothing to do with the rest of my tastes in music..the reason: i spend a year in London as a teenager and A.M reminds me of that beautiful time :)...12 years have gone already...i can notice that since my abbilities writing English have almost gone with them too..

Karenkool said...

I had actually never seen that video before--loved it. Ah the disappointments in life and yet... being able to laugh in spite of it all.

Btw, I also like Sheryl Crowe, but I didn't know that was her in the pic. I'm a lameo when it comes to recognizing names and faces of celebs.