On cold winter night, just before Christmas last year, the Wee Italian Chick la Cayetana Altovoltaje and the Baron Hashbrown had a conversation about the musical acts we would like or would have liked to see (some of them aren't an option no more) before we die. My personal list has been changed and updated along the way and, despite the standard items, it will keep on being modified. A couple of days ago, la Cayetana published her list on the web and meme-tagged a number of cyber friends. Thank goodness, I was spared; to then be meme-tagged by the Baron a mere two days later! Pants! So I am now having to rethink my list of "must-sees" and display it to the wide world web!
Here we go (in no particular order):
- U2 - seasons may change, but I can't stop loving them and feeling ashamed that I haven't seen them live yet in my 23 years of life!
- Pink Floyd: gotta be the greatest act in town!
- The Dresden Dolls - quarkie, creative, spectacular, innovative, cultured, anticonformist, artistic..
- Tom Waits - totally unique style, voice, magnificent lyrics, wonderful sounds
- The White Stripes - I love them two and after seeing their Blackpool live performance I knew my life and musical taste were never gonna be the same again!
- The Clash - I could dance and sing hysterically to Combat Rock and London Calling for days!!
- Arcade Fire -what an amazing symphony of sounds! Any one who can get rock out of a pipe organ gotta be seen!
- Ben Harper - what can I say: he is the dude!
- Bruce Springsteen - what can I say: is he the boss or is he the boss!?!
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - that Karen O has got some lungs and energy to light up as city!
So here is my list. As the Baron correctly stated, "I reserve the right to modify this list with things I hadn't thought of!" Please count yourselves meme tagged if you wish.. think I may have overdone the web tag thing a little too much, so I won't force it on anyone this once!
Have a sunny week-end (outside and inside)!