Friday, April 27

Thelma & Louise, Cambridge and Hairy Green Men

Dodgy title, alright! It was chosen to make you smile. I am painfully aware of having been a little low recently and 'boring' - as one of my mates said to me last night (thanks, pal). This post, however, would like to celebrate life and all those small sparkles of joy, the little epiphanies which make life interesting. Saturday morning me and Ruth (aka Bolton Fan) ventured on a short "Thelma & Louise" - style adventure to Cambridge. Despite having to get up at 7 am (a ridiculous time for a week-end day), we had a lovely road-trip down south, the sun was shining and our fave music playing in the background (blasting more like it, when any song we really liked came on!) We truly had a great time laughing, eating, drinking, walking and chatting until we dropped (no surprise there really). Ruth is an incredible person and a great friend: people like this and days like this are never to be given for granted. Unfortunately, we didn't pick up any hunky-Brad Pitt-type hitch-hiker on the way. Instead, we had a lovely dinner at a pub by the river called 'The Green Man'. Following a conversation we had been having during the day about the features which make a man attractive to us, Ruth confessed her 'fetish' for corpulent hairy men ("de gustibus non disputandi est", the ancient Romans used to say meaning 'to each their own' - very loosely translated). Coincidentally, I noticed that Hairibo's gummy bears have big hairy bellies (see the effects of e-numbers' overdose on my silly head!) - photographic evidence to follow! - Cut long story short, we had a laugh..all topped off by chocolate and wine in front of the telly. Thanks, Ruthy!









The Green Man Pub







Hairy Belly Gummy Bear

4 comments:

boltonfan said...

Bless you honey. Thanks
And might I say people like you are never taken for granted.
I have a confession - I ate the green man!!
Is that terrible? The temptation was too great.
I wonder if any of your blog readers fit the description of my ideas man!! he he
Anyway now off to work the WHOLE WEEKEND!!
Ciao for now
Love your little Bolton fan x

Anonymous said...

celebrate your friends as much as you can!
something I am learning!

Gorilla Bananas said...

I think I might be her ideal gorilla!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

BF:You Little Sweets murderer! He was my friend and you ate it! Yuck! must have been well dusty!!! Hope the docs wk-end went well, hey, any chances you know any doctors in the local area for my clinical workshadowing?
E: So agree with you. Keep up the good work
GB: I think you would be perfect for each other - Ruth, check the gorilla out! ;-) Hairy enough for ya?