Wednesday, October 25

In One Song

Are you ready to rock?! My new housemate is a genius: she has come up with this brilliant idea to waste precious time in life.“El Cancionero” (literally, “The Songbook”) is extremely easy and great fun. It consists in answering some questions about you with song titles. Only true answers and true titles – no cheating, mind you. So let’s rock! (P.S. Bear with me, the blog has been translated from Spanish into English and I have never studied Spanish before...)

Are you a man or a woman?

“Natural Woman” (Aretha Franklin);“I’m a b**” (Meredith Brook)

Describe yourself?

"Brown Eyed Girl" (Van Morrison)
"You Are Not Bad for a Girl" (The White Stripes)
“Got Put a Smile Upon My Face” (Coldplay)
“Senseless as a Cuckoo”(Paul Curreri)

What do people think when they are around you?

“Virtual Insanity” (Jamiroquai) “I can tell that we are gonna be friends” (White Stripes); “Happy” (The Rolling Stones)

How are you feeling?

“I Feel Good” (James Brown)

How can you describe your last sentimental relationship?

“You don’t love me the way that I love you” (The Kooks)


Describe your new relationship with your partner or suitor(s)

“Travelling Without Moving” (Jamiroquai)
“One Way or Another” (Blondie)

Where would you like to be right now?

“Cayman Islands” (Kings of Convenience)

How are you with regards to love?

“Hungry Heart” (Bruce Springsteen)

How is your life?

“Hard to Explain” (The Strokes)
"Anything but Ordinary" (Avril Lavigne)

What would you choose if you had only one wish?

“See the World” (The Kooks)

Write a quote or a famous sentence

“Sometimes you can’t make it on your own” (U2)

Now let’s rap it up..

“Time to Say Good-Bye”(Andrea Bocelli); “Last Goodbye”(Jeff Buckley)

So, now is your turn - do it yourself and pass it on! Could be real fun!!!

8 comments:

Baron Hashbrown said...

Hi Ivonne, I'm one of Bea's friends. We met briefly remember? Anyway, thanks for the translation, you saved me a job and I love the blog, you make me giggle!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Hey Surdy-Dude Steve!Glad my blog is bringing some happiness into people's lives (i.e. you are all laughing at my unbeliveable true stories!) - translation may be crap,but no one will ever know,right!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Steve, I meant SURFY (can't really spell no more!)doh!

Anonymous said...

Great musical choices, housemate!! We should actually burn that songbook!!
Surdydude (sounds cool, does it mean anything?), I hadn't invited you to answer the questionnaire because it was in Spanish, but I guess you have no excuse now!! ;-)

The Wee Italian Chick said...

TA Luvie!You must know that I choose my friends carefully!ihihi!
See you later,xx

Baron Hashbrown said...

Yes, I think I'd like to be a surdy-dude or even a surly-dude... Looks like we hijacked the questionnaire without proper invitation. I like making waves ;-)

Anonymous said...

Housemate, your noodle curry was WICKED AWESOME!!!
Licking my fingers.

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Lol,Steve. Don't think we stole anything that didn't wanna be stolen!Bea must have secretly wished that two musical connosceurs as ourselves answered the questionnaire!
Bea: so glad you liked the curry!I'm working at it!