Wednesday, December 20

The Footprints of Ignorance

D'oh, is right, Homer! I have just been on this web site where you can highlight on a map the places in the world you have visited in your life and I was embarrassed to see how little I have actually seen. As Socrates would say, "I know I don't know" - this brief exercise has definitively revealed how ignorant I am and has increased my desperation to travel more and more and more and more! Bon voyage,

Here is a picture how much of the world I have seen (in red,obviously).Check it out for yourself now!


create your own visited country map

4 comments:

Cayetana Altovoltaje said...

Well it looks like there's lots of red on your map, I bet more than on mine! Anyways, wisdom is not the sum of the places you've visited but what you make of every single trip or experience. Some people travel the whole world and never leave their little bubble ;)

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Wise words, buddy, wise words. May be I was just looking for another excuse for world travel!!!

Baron Hashbrown said...

Hmmm my red blob is quite concentrated and indicates that I should wander a little further from my comfort zone. But the europe map suggests that there is hardly a spot in the continent I haven't been to. It's all a lie. There are parts of this town I have never visited and parts of this country which are as foreign to me as the farthest point on the map.

boltonfan said...

Wow this is so cool, much more interesting that writing seminars for poor Regents students.
I wonder if Stefan has seen this? It would be interesting to see who has done the most travelling out of us 3 globetrotters.
My map tells me I have been to 29 countries thus 13% of the world. Shameful, not even one country for each year of my life! But when I go to Australia in 2008 I will notch up a few countries then as I hope to catch FIJI and San Fransisco as well.
Just have to do the difficult task of saving up!
See you on Saturday. I'm glad your mom will be home for Christmas. xx