Sunday, December 31

Glasses Clinking, Cheers and Good Resolutions

When I was little I used to absolutely adore "The Smurfs"(as I might have already told you about in previous posts). For my fellow 80's kids, you may remember "Grouchy Smurf"... he used to be one of my favourites and his tagline was always "I hate,I hate, I hate" whatever it was at the given time and frowning away, he would cross his arms and shout his hate out! If I was a cartoon character at this time of the year, I would be Grouchy Smurf too because "I hate,I hate,I hate NEW YEAR's EVE!"
Naples,my home-town, is renown to host one of the best new year's celebration in the world with their opulent banquets, street entratainment and magnificent firework displays. Nonetheless, there is something about the expectations laid upon noon and the phony and surreal pretence of excitement that, to say the least, utterly depresses me.

Call me a sad weirdo, if you wish. But "I hate,I hate,I hate New Years Eve!"

Having said that, the beginning of a new year is the perfect opportunity to start afresh and the ideal time for meditation, reflections and good resolutions.The problem this year is that, the months, the seasons have gone by so incredibly fast that I haven't yet had a chance to think about my new years resolutions because I haven't yet thought of last year's! Of course, I still want to lose a stone, get more active, travel the world, be a better person and the usual routine..but this year I have definitively got more specific goals - here is a wee list:
1.Want to see my mom well
2.Get into Med School (whatever it takes!)
3.Lose a stone and get more active (this time I mean it!)
4.Get cracking with learning French
5.Go back to Paris and visit Barcellona.
6.Be more assertive and determinate without losing on sensitivity and lovingness.
...here is just to mention a few. Righty oh, better leave now and get down to that "opulent banquet" I was mentioning! Have an awesome new year and may not only your dreams, but also your good resolutions come true!!!

5 comments:

Cayetana Altovoltaje said...

May all of them come true!! Hope New Year's Eve was not so hideous, and have a great 2007!! (7 was always better than 6!!)

Baron Hashbrown said...

I know how you feel, it's always such an anticlimax when it gets to 12 o'clock and nothing actually happens or changes. I have a plan to one day go to bed, miss the party and then get up early and watch the sun rise with the new dawn. I think that would be more inspiring, but then there would be no excuse to embarrass myself safe in the knowledge that nobody will remember...

J-Mac said...

Hi there found your blog from neil harrison's. I like it. You sound like an interesting bambina.

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Thank you,thank you,thank you,my blogworld friends!I do hope all of your dreams come true too Bea, and Steve, I love your idea - did you actually go to bed before 12'?I think it rocks!Happy New Year!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Hey,J-Mac-thanks for coming by my blog+complements.Feel free to blog me anytime.