Tuesday, December 19

The Resounding Echo of an Empty Home..

Last night I got home from work. The house was tidy,the lights on the Chrsitmas tree were sparkling, the iconic opening tune of "Neighbours" in the back ground - yet I felt an overwhelming sense of emptiness, loneliness,should I say.I do acknowledge that my mom's condition obviously affects my ability to "think straight" and to be emotively strong, but I guess I had never imagined how much I was going to miss Bea. Indeed, my lovely housemate has departed to move onto "greater and better things".. Although we were never "into each other's pockets" all the time and lived very separate lives, it was awesome to have her around. We laughed together, snacked together, ate together and, in retrospect, watched an aweful lot of movies and drunk a lot! All this contributed to making Bea not only an ideal housemate, but a friend. "Thank you" so much to all the extravagant and quarkie bits that uoi brought to my life such as your obsession for "travelling rubber duckies" (they kinda were part of the household too!), your openess to innovation and undoubted sense of humor...not to mention outstanding political views...you make me smile every time - and I wish you too the very best this life can offer. Steve's right: "England is even grayer than normal without you!" Missing you already!


***DISCLAIMER: I realize blogging this song may mislead you, fellow bloggers. Therefore, I would like to emphasise that the content of this song is not related to Bea in the slightest. However, the song always makes me think of silly conversations we have had! It's hilarious - enjoy!



Ben Folds Five, "Song for the Dumped"

2 comments:

Cayetana Altovoltaje said...

I'm not crying!! I'm not crying!!
:D Thanks so much for this post, it was wonderful being your housemate... and thanks for this video, what a funny song. Wouldn't it be great to see them live?
By the way, what you talkin' about? I ain't got no black t-shirt ;)

The Wee Italian Chick said...

You muppet!Great song, isn't it? I saw them performing last Christmas actually...what a gig! May be you should add it up to your not so "wee" list! Love ya,xx