Thursday, March 22

Classy Lassy! - The Arcane Secrets of Human Psychosis

You must know the feeling yourselves, when you have got a stinking cold and breathing is enough of an effort (let alone trying to look lady like..) That's me this morning at the office:still fighting against a silly influenza which is making me sniffle, sneeze and blow my nose to much of my personal and my colleagues' annoyance! This morning on the bus there was a guy that was so lacking any manners that was pretty minging..He had extra fuzzy grey curly hair (nothing wrong with that!) and a full grown Victorian mustache. One may say, 'nothing wrong with wearing a mustache either...', but following Brian's all-inspiring post on people's annoying habits that get on your nerves, I'll confess: I have a real issue with people's..hairiness!!! I don't get it - the mustache guy on the bus who amongst many things kept on scratching his privates, vigorously picking his nose whilst 'eating the harvest' which got entangled in his facial hair..revolting or what? Anyway, even under more decent and composed circumstances, I struggle to understand facial hairs. Like how does a man with a tash lick his ice-cream? (I always make a mess of myself even without one) What would it feel like to kiss a guy with a full grown beard? (obviously never tried that before..) Guess men feel more...manly with their facial hair unshaven as they have waited years to hit puberty and gain this most explicit sign of manlihood..and I can totally understand the sex appeal of a little stubble in a guy..but women, what's that all about? During the last and most controversial British Big Brother show, Bollywood actress, Shilpa Shetty, was often caught happily bleaching her facial hairs on camera - classy, lassy! On the contrary, as displayed in her self portray above, Frida Kahlo, one of the most charismatic, provocative and psychotic 20th century female artists, never seemed to have any problems with priding herself in her masculine upper-lip hairiness and voluminous mono-brow.. nice. I have a recurrent joke with a friend of mine who has a ridiculous obsession with female hairy armpits (yep,tells you a lot about a guy..) - which I quite obviously don't agree with. As one of Almodovar's characters in "All About My Mother" would say, 'A woman is more autentic the closer she gets to her ideal of beauty' - ok, this is no condonation for extreme make-overs and plastic surgery (well, whatever floats your boat, really), but I still believe that, despite gender equality on intellectual grounds, a woman is still a woman and should seek to portray a wispy,ethereal image of beauty, grace, class and...HAIRLESSNESS! (whatever it takes) and that TOILET habits should be exclusively left to the privacy of the little girls' room..Like my image conscious beautiful mother would say, "Even after 25 years of marriage!, there is no excuse not to make an effort both for yourself and the one you love" .. Guess I don't really need to make up a list of things that annoy me...'coz there's your answer!!!
Love, from an attempting to be lady-like poorly little lady and feminist in disguise!(",)

14 comments:

J-Mac said...

Yeah I like a lady who makes an effort!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Yeah! Thanks for the support to my campaign! (",)

Anonymous said...

I like ladies who make an effort but I like well tended beards as well - means there is an element of mystery too then!

Jay said...

I dunno on this one, I think maybe it should be up to the lady herself to decide? Nobody sets down how much hair men should or shouldn't have, after all...

roast honey said...

With you 100% - have never had probs with facial hair (thank God) but definetly think it is not to comely!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Estelle, re: tended beard, you are not talking about ladies, right?! ;-)
Jay: did not mean to sound judgmental, just expressing my personal preferences displaying some of my personal phobias..
Jen: Welcome to the blog and thanks for the support! Despite being Italian, facial hair has never been an issue of mine either which I am hugely grateful for to my mommy and God!!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

for !

Cayetana Altovoltaje said...

Oh la la that bus experience sounds really gross. Me, I like my men hairy, but in the right places.
And I bleach, shave, wax, and pluck regularly, but I don't give a flip about what other women do with their hair.
Whatever turns you on!
Funny post, matey. BTW, brace yourself: I'm coming May 1st!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Hola,Bea! Long time not seen over the blogsphere!?! Lol!Your comment made me think of a rumour I have just discover that Italian women often criticise their Spanish counterparts for being their, I quote, "Sluttier and hairier cousins" - how rude!!! Obviously not based on my personal experience!!! You are neither of the above!

Yuppy, la Cayetana returns - we need to talk babe: Kate has asked me to move in...I'll e-mail ya from home! Love you,xx

Brian said...

Facial hair is good on a man but only if it is kept in trim, hair on women is wrong, but thats just my opinion, electolosis is good. My brother shaved his eye brows off once but I think he missed the point..

Anonymous said...

Course I am talking about men!
But who defines beauty! What is beauty here is not beauty in other parts of the world!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Lol, Brian.
Estelle - hope you know that I was being silly. Also, you raise some interesting points, guys...will have to write another blog about the concept of beauty - watch this space!

Miao 妙 said...

Isn't that portrait a painting by Frida Kahlo?

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Yes,Miao,it is a Frida Kahlo self portrait!