Friday, March 9

Smile Like You Mean It

Gorilla Bananas recently left a comment on a post of mine which kindly applauded my ability to bounce back up after low times and disappointments. Unfortunately this time the fall was soooo low, even little bouncey-me, it's struggling to get back up as quickly as usual. Nonetheless, there is as verse in the Bible that says :"Cry with those who mourn and rejoice with those who are happy"- I think is in 1 Corinthians, somewhere. This is one of the most inspirational Bible verses for me where, as part of one body, we are called and somehow transformed to be naturally inclined to share in the lives of others with compassion, emphaty and pure love. For all my moaning about how difficult things have recently been for me, I can't help but exhuberantly rejoice over the joy some of my dearest friends are experiencing. As you may or may not know over in Japan both the Sinivirta's and the McKee's are expecting a baby and looking great! (yeah! I am going to be an 'auntie' again). Merle has recently brought to the light another wonderful little boy called Caleb and my beautiful mamma is doing remarkably well. The cancer has considerably reduced and she is about to commence the penultimate cycle of therapy. Isn't that wonderful?!How about those little sparkles of joy in the midst of a storm,ah?! So with you I rejoice in love! Love you all immensely, xx
Maiko&Chris,6 months

Caleb&Merle,big bro Joshua in the background..



"Smile Like You Mean It", The Killers

7 comments:

Come Back Brighter said...

It's good to see you're able to take joy and comfort in the happy things around you, you're quite a special person

Cayetana Altovoltaje said...

So glad for your friends. You are indeed special. You'd better bounce back soon (and higher!), miss!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, but be true to your emotions and be honest with yourself. That way the happiness and the sadness will be easy to deal with!!

Gorilla Bananas said...

I'm so glad to hear your dear Mamma is getting better. And I wish I could give you a big hairy hug.

The Wee Italian Chick said...

I am definitively feeling the love and the hairy hugs - thanks guys!! Re: Hairy hugs:(Not talking about you Bea!) ;-0 ahah! Love ya!!! xx

Baron Hashbrown said...

Sounds like those mountains don't seem so far away anymore? Keep looking up!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

I am starting to see it,Steve! See ya on the peak! xx