Friday, May 18

...Rummaging Through the Dust Bins of Memory Lane...

Buona sera a tutti da una calda serata a Napoli! For my numerous non-Italian speaking readers, I have just said 'hi' from the homeland. The weather has been disappointingly mild for the locals - refreshingly sunny and hot for me! (I have become so British!!!) Today I have finally found a huge plastic box in the cellar containing, well, what is left of my adolescence. A little box of rubbish for the rest of the world; a magnificent chest of treasures for me. Amongst a funny collection of random shots, used train tickets, journals, school pictures and posters, the poems and letters and pictures from a boy who knew me at the age of thirteen a great deal better than I knew myself and lavished me with love. A boy I selfishly hurt. A boy who is now a man, a gorgeous young man who's phone number I am now holding in my hands. Shivers are running down my spine, palms are sweaty, heart is warm and I have a besotted, somehow nostalgic look in my smile, in my eyes. Should I ring him? Even after I broke his heart? Even when we haven't seen each other in nearly ten years? Gosh, I feel thirteen again!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should do it! :)

Baron Hashbrown said...

Do it! Do it! Do it! And what's more Blog it!

Gorilla Bananas said...

You know you have to do it, Ivonne. Even if all you do is apologize it will make you both feel better.

Anonymous said...

rummaging

Come Back Brighter said...

Call him! Now!

Brian said...

do it, please, It is better to have loved and lost than to have never have loved at all.

Cayetana Altovoltaje said...

Call him!! Call him!! And then come back here and tell us ALL about it :D

Mimosa said...

Agree with everyone else :)

Anonymous said...

I hope it's gonna happen soon.

Brian said...

come on, please tell us what happened?

Anonymous said...

heyyyyyy ivòòòò sono subito venuta a vedere il tuo spazietto sognante...devo leggere con piu attenzione altrimenti non capirò nulla!!!già non so come ho fatto a lasciare il commento...
a presto amica ritrovata
sono stata molto contenta di vederti..
tvb
vale ;)

Anonymous said...

uffy...però nn esce la mia bella fotina!!! 'ccidenti, mi devo fare l'account google...pure!!!!
nn sarà troppa questa tecnologia??
buon viaggio di ritorno...
ps.che bello sapere solo io del ragazzo di cui parli!!!!!
baciotti
sempre vale

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Valina,amore!Ke piacere vederti sul mio blog!!! Benvenuta nel 21 secolo e ben tornata nella mia vita (perche' nei miei pensieri ci sei sempre stata!) Si, fatti un google account cosi' tutti possono vedere il tuo bel faccino da gazzella! Si, ke lo conosci quest'uomo del mistero...che dolcezza?!?!A presto tesorino mio caro,