Wednesday, November 8

"BLOGGOMANIA"

An Unexplainable Dependence from Blogger..


Ever since I discovered this online blogging system I don't seem to be able to stop typing..and checking out my friends' bloggs..and those of their friends..or of people I have never even met before.

Today I was surpraised in discovering that the "Blogger Fever" is not exclusively my personal prerogative, but many others appear to be caught in the epidemic. So I have asked myself what could possibly make blogging so popular, nearly addictive? The answer is simple: we all long for human contact.

I know it sounds absurd that one looks for human contact over the internet (where there is virtually no contact at all) - however, I believe this is paradoxically true. Just think: most of us write a journal and may always had inclusive of dreams and frustrations and thoughts that in that private dimension become the outward expression of internal stirrings. Now imagine to have the possibility of expressing the real you with a reduced risk of confrontation,shame and embarrassment.It is the pinnacle of human relationships: expose yourself to the world without shame!

I am reminded of the movie "Crash"(2005). I am fully aware that many of you will have criticism of some description towards this film - and trust me, I acknowledge the Americanisms in it (big time) and the cliques and pretencious acting, but I do love the concept behind it. People every day every where fight for acknolegment; we long for respect and are desperate after human contact..increasingly more in our fast-moving, careless and always-too-busy society.

So "BLOGGOMANIA"..could it be the cure for people's indifference or is it going to be another pretty mask to conceal our longing for human contact and inability to relate to one another?!

Whichever way: I AM LOVIN' IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of that -longing for human contact. But the blogging thing, I believe, is more about ego-pumping. People actually READ YOU, and you can present your best side or just a different, improved version of yourself. All within the safety of the bits and pulses. So, the way I see it, it's more about that: building an identity, and getting recognized (read/ listened to... it's all the same). Also... it's free!! :)
VIVA LO BLOG!!!