Tuesday, November 14

Urban Life


Gazing at the bright red sun going down in the Sahara desert; the mid-night sun in Lapland; the lush Irish cliffs overlooking the raging sea in winter; candid fields of nothing else but white snow; fields of sunflowers - and the list of breathtaking natural beauty could go on,and on, and on. I have always been astounded by nature's extravaganza and seemed to find it easier to connect with God and find inspiration in the midst of Creation than within the confinements of four walls. Nonetheless, I am a "city-girl", and I cannot deny it. Last night I was on the top floor at the office, I was switching the lights off before going home(just to be envirolmentally conscientious) and behold, a vision of Manchester's skyline. The city looked beautiful, somehow magic. I remember walking down Oxford Road for lectures in a constant sense of excitement and awe. I know that this sounds absurd considering I've been priviledged enough to see some of the world's wonders, but there is some magic even in man-constructed monstruosities..and a vibrant sense of vitality in God's masterpieces walking, struggling, talking, seating,living. God not only crafted a beautiful looking universe, but he also designed people like you and I, gave them intellect and the gift of uniqueness and innate beauty. The thought that me,you and the individuals who cross our paths in life are an image of the Creator himself - bring me a reassuring sense of comfort and exquisitedly profound challenges.

No comments: