Friday, November 24

Expand Your Cultural Horizons


I have always been passionate about cross-cultural communication. Be it my "Barbie Travel Book", or my innate preferences, I begun to develope an interest in alien cultures and foreign things from a very early age. So I have been to a number of places, seen a lot of scenaries,objects,people different from any other I had ever known..so I moved to England, so I studied languages, so I have a foreign house mate which is a life enriching experience altogether. Last night we were chatting about music and she introduced me to some proper cool stuff like Elliot Smith, Flamenco singers, Drag Queen entratainers.(.really bizarre!) But the pinnacle of Bea trying to develop my musical taste must be the "I'm From Barcelona". Most of you would have probably heard them before; more unlikely, you would have put faces to the singing voices/band name. "I'm From Barcelona" are, despite the name, a Swedish late 80's boy band. Greasy hair, enormous specs, tacky outfits, outrageous coreographies..paradoxically Swedish,singing in English that they come from Barcelona!!! Have a sneekey preview of their video to the song "We are from Barcelona" - Guaranteed: it will bring a smile to your face and, perhaps, enhance your musical taste, expand your horizons... ... ... ... ... ... NOT!



www.imfrombarcelona.com

No comments: