Wednesday, November 1

It Is Not Easy Being Green..



Thanks to Surfy-Dude Steve for bringing this wonderful song back to my mind. As my notorious childhood hero, Kermit the Frog,used to say, "It is not easy being green"..and the older I get the more meaning these words acquire. Green is my favourite colour, but other than the lush Irish valleys, green represents to me the colour of social awareness and activism: it is the colour of those who ackowledge that the world is terrible at times, but live in the proactive hope that a difference can be made; and "I have a dream" and I believe that change can happen.Nonetheless, I cannot hide my frustration when I have to travel 50 miles in my car to get organic produce (thus producing even more carbon-dioxide and increasing pollution levels!..which was the original reason for me going organic!) or walking 7Km back and forth from work every day in the cold, only to be breathing in even more fumes from the flippin' vehicles on the road! Or buying eco-friendly products and never being able to find them at the coop because it's only WALMART stores that stock up on that kind of products!MADNESS! Indeed,my dear Kermit, being green ain't easy, but I am an optimist still and, despite it all, I believe that one by one changes can be made..and if nothing should ever happen, I'll go to heaven knowing that I have done my best to make the world a slightly better place and perhaps inspired others to do the same.

2 comments:

Baron Hashbrown said...

Yey Kermit!! Did he ever settle down with Miss Piggy and have a litter of baby umm... pogs? frigs?

Have you tried organic deliveries? You can order them on the web from local farmers. Here's one:

www.northernharvest.co.uk

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Thanks Steve for the hint on Northern Harvest - I have already placed my first order with them! RE: Kermit and Miss Piggy..I guess they were never..compatible..